What are Probiotics?
Simply put, probiotics are good bacteria that confer a health benefit and are essential for many vital body functions, including healthy digestion. The word "probiotic" means "for life." Probiotics are increasingly being used and evaluated to help maintain digestive balance
. However, probiotic benefits are strain specific, and thus different probiotics may have unique benefits. Your body needs beneficial bacteria
for a number of things, including healthy digestion. But these bacteria are fragile. Common issues such as diet, changes in schedule, travel, and stress can disrupt your natural balance of good bacteria. Probiotic supplements may help.
Not All Probiotics Are Alike
Not all probiotics are alike. Different strains of the same species may differ in a number of ways, but what matters most is how well the bacteria strain works for you to help build and support your digestive health. Here is how to identify B. infantis 35624, the strain available only in Align.
What Should I Look For in a Probiotic?
According to the guidelines called "Probiotics: A Consumer Guide for Making Smart Choices" unveiled by the International Scientific Association for Probiotics and Prebiotics (ISAPP), there are five criteria that consumers should consider when selecting a probiotic: probiotic strain, proof, packaging, quality, and quantity.
See how Align meets these criteria and is a good option for people wanting to build and support a healthy digestive system.*
- Probiotic Strain: Bifidobacterium infantis 35624
(Bifantis) is the patented probiotic ingredient in Align that can help build and support a healthy digestive system.*
- Proof: Bifantis has been the subject of
several clinical studies and has been featured in peer-reviewed journals. Please see Bifantis.com for full details.
- Packaging:Align contains 1 x 109 (1 billion) live bacteria when manufactured, and provides an effective level of bacteria (1 x 107) until at least the "best by" date on the box. Align capsules come in specially designed blister packs that ensure bacteria remain alive and effective until the date on the box.
- Quality and Quantity: We scientifically verify the identity of our unique Bifantis strain in every lot of Align to ensure product quality. The packaging and labeling meet all World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations by clearly stating:
- Strain: Bifidobacterium infantis 35624 (Bifantis)
- Colony-forming units (CFU): 1 x 109 (1 billion) live bacteria when manufactured, and provides an effective level of bacteria (1 x 107) until at least the "best by" date on the box.
- Suggested serving size: One capsule daily
- Health benefits: Helps build and support a healthy digestive system with healthy bacteria 24/7.*§
- Proper storage conditions: Store at room temperature; no refrigeration required.
- Corporate contact information: AlignGI.com or (800) 208-0112
I Thought All Bacteria Were Bad. How Can Ingesting Bacteria Be Good?
Your body needs beneficial bacteria for a number of things, including healthy digestion. These essential bacteria are sensitive to things such as diet, changes in schedule, travel and stress. Probiotics may help.*
How Is Align with Bifantis Different from Other Probiotics?
Only Align contains Bifantis—Bifidobacterium infantis 35624—a patented
How Is Align Different from Probiotic Yogurts?
While some yogurts contain bacteria to confer benefits consistent with those of a probiotic supplement, yogurt in the United States is not required to contain any live cultures, and results from tests of yogurt products show a wide range in the levels of live bacteria. The delivery of probiotics in either yogurt or fermented milk is limited by the need for cold storage and an associated shorter shelf life. Additionally, many people may have trouble consuming sufficiently large quantities of these products. Align is different because only Align contains Bifantis, a patented probiotic strain, available in a convenient capsule form.
See How Align
Align Product Information
Buy Align Now